Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week two already????

Hello everybody!
Wow, where do I begin? The first week has already gone? This trip has been an amazing experience so far.
Well I guess I'll start with this morning. I woke up aboslutely exhuasted, so I prayed to God and asked Him to give me the stamina I needed to get through todays work. Instead God gave me a fairly laid back work day. Hannah, Kelly, and I loaded PVC pipes, steel railings, and cement blocks into the back of Monte's trailer and unloaded them in various places. After that job was complete I was given the task of throwing medium size rocks into wet cement, what for I really don't have a clue, but it was an important job!... I think :D. While I did this, the rest of the team finished the foundation we had been working on since day 2!

Josh Harris, Josh Bastian, Kaley, and Jacob stayed back while the rest of us headed for the Brickyard. Playing with the kids there is a real blessing. They don't care that you don't speak their language they just want to play. Its a wonderful thing to be apart of their lives and possibly lead them to Christ. Allison (the lady running the VBS at the Brickyard) had some of us preform part of a skit for the kids. The kids really seemed to enjoy it, tomorrow they'll get the end of the skit along with the Gospel message (so pray that goes over well).

At diner we had some missionaries, the Carillo's, give us their testimony's. They were telling us about a tribe, BG, they are minestering to. Right now they are trying to earn some money to go back to BG, and some partners to help along with the ministry trying to be given to the people.

One of the best parts of the day was worship. We had to quickly clean up after diner so we could have our devo time. So we had to wash dishes while we praised God, which gave this amazing atmosphere, everyone was so happy (especially Aleah) and no one saw washing dishes as a chore, but as a great way to show our love for God. It may seem weird that washing dishes made worship a lot more special but, for me anyway, I felt closer to God.

This trip is going by so fast, but I am so thankful for every moment that I have here, even when I have to shovel gravel into buckets, a positively grueling job. I am also SO greatful for the friendships I have been able to establish with my teammates.

~~Pray request~~
For Ann that she'll take it easy so her back will heal enough so she can enjoy the rest of trip.
Monte's back also.
For saftey and health, that no one else on the team will be injured or get sick.
And for those of us who are homesick, that we'll all just enjoy the rest of the time we have here.

~Cari-Moriah.
P.S.
I love you Mom, Dad, Shaan, Val, Erin, Bill, Kyle, Jeremy, Brett, Jordan, and Elise!!!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Cari, I love hearing from you! I hope you aren't too homesick, I know the feeling well. :/
I'm praying for you guys right now, I think you're just getting to the Brick Yard! I know that God has been using you all and I'm praying for open hearts for those hearing the Gospel today!

I love you all and can't wait to hear more stories when you get back =) Stay strong these last couple of days!

<3-Kate

p.s. Someone start a water/mud fight on my behalf before you come home!

Kim H and James :) said...

Yeah! I have been checking ALL day to see this post and I'm so glad to hear from Cari! It IS possible to worship while you wash dishes. :) Keep going- you're almost there!

Matt said...

Thanks Cari!! It's good to hear from y'all! Hope the Brickyard went well and that the Gospel was greatly accepted.

Hope you guys can go to the mountains! And enjoy this second week!

Unknown said...

Cari! I'm so happy to read words written by you!
Yes, washing dishes while worshipping sounds blissful! Enjoy every moment - you'll be home sooner than you think.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on the events of your day, Cari. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself, but things are not easy. Hang in there. We appreciate your sacrifice in going Mexico and enduring the heat, the hard work, and being away from your family. We will continue to pray that you will endure, thrive, and "finish well". See you Sunday!

Mr. Rigel

Anonymous said...

when I look into your eyes i see butterflies.......

-ananomyous