Sunday, July 26, 2009

We ARE His Sheep!!!

Hola!!
Well , I don't even know where to begin. All I know is that this week has gone by SO FAST!! I still can't believe it!! God has been so good to us these past days. Today we went to the Brickyard & went to church. The puppets & the songs where such a thrill to the children with their eyes just wide, laughing, helping us out with the motions. It was great! I got to translate to some of our group, while the others where in children school.

The sermon was really good, He was talking about John 10:14-18. How we as followers of Christ are His sheep, God knows us by names & that there is only one me; there are many Ann's but there are NONE like me. That just blew me away to think that there are so many people in this world & God LOVES US & WANTS US.

Also after we got done with church we got lunch, (at Carls Jr. hehe), & then went back to shopping (We went to a pottery shop as well)-Josh (Papa Bear) thinks I own the Chihuahua markets ..haha. I like knowing I can talk to the people of Mexico but sometimes it's hard because most of every Hispanic culture has different dialects & we may say things different, but I made it through the day making bargains.
I love it here!! I've learned SO MUCH from God & we're not even done. The water filters are going great; I never get tired of washing dirt because I know that this will help the village. Going back to the Brickyard; today I was with Jasmin one of the girls from the Brickyard & she looks at me & sits near me to play with my hair-She asked in Spanish if my hair was like that naturally. I said "Yes" & she said "It's really pretty." I told her it might look pretty but she was prettier. I love playing with the children. All of the children love it when Caleb, Kelly, myself & many others just throw them in the air or spin them around. There's this one girl that would not let go of me so I just let her stay with me until she wants to let go. God has been good today & He will always be good for us.

Our devotions today was "EVEN JESUS TOOK NAPS" it was how Jesus told His disciples to take the boat out into the sea & a BIG storm & wind blew in & the disciples where scared. The disciples where scared so they rushed to Jesus when he was napping & said to Him "Teacher we are going to sink!!" Jesus got up & hushed the storm.

Well one of the questions that REALLY IMPACTED ME was: Is their something right now that keeps you from rest? Rest as in physically, spiritually, emotionally. I've dealt with so much in the past & each day I STILL deal with my past. I told the group that I don't want to go home because I don't want to deal with the people that would drag me down or the memories that flash back to me that could cause me to give into my flesh. I've only been here with the group for about 7 days & God has impacted my life into letting go of what used to be & that great things are coming & the challenges WILL come but I have to trust in God. I need to get rest & let God deal with what's going on in my mind & to not think that I am alone & that I have to deal with it by myself. God will be with me & our group as we face the last week here in Mexico but as a team we can do anything through Christ.

These kids, this team, this mission, we came with a purpose, we all have gifts & everyone is special!! I'm glad that I'm on this trip; I'm glad that the changes are coming. It'll be hard but it's worth being with God at the end. I hope you enjoyed this.

I love you mom, dad, D.J!!
I miss you all; especially Button Megan & Karis Day!!

Prayers:
~For my back & Monte's back. (I'm doing better but it acts up now & then)

~For Zack-He's not feeling well.

~For Kaley-She didn't feel well also & this morning she ended up with a fever.

~For this last week that we are here. That God reveals himself more to us & that we live with forgiveness & Humility & show many that we are His light.


Ann Iris Rivera
P.S. This is Josh H. I want everybody to know how great God is even in technology. I'm up at 11pm at night trying to get these pictures on. I tried 4 or 5 times and it didn't work. I was frustrated but I decided to just pray and trust God that if he wanted you to see pictures he'd work a technological miracle. As you can see... He did. :) Praise God.








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog entry Ann! You did a great job with your description of how God is working on your heart. He will continue to work on our hearts our entire life. It's a journey. Just keep focused on Christ who is in front of you and don't look back at the past. Thank you for reminding me that I need to do that same thing!

We are praying for your back and Monte's back and for Kelly and Zachary. Keep working hard and keep serving our Lord and Savior. Give Mrs. Rigel a hug for me. :)

Mr. Rigel

Matt said...

Thanks for the post Ann! Wow, it is really cool to "see and hear" what God is doing in your life through this trip. Thanks for sharing all of it! I hope you had a good weekend and an especially good Sunday. We miss y'all, but know that you guys are greatly impacting those in Mexico!


That last picture is probably the best I've seen:). Praise the Lord that He cares even about the small things!

Take care Mexico Team! I hope this next week is way better than the first! Seek Him in everything!

Unknown said...

Ann,
I'm thinking I should really have a girls' night, so I can hear even more of your side of the story! :) God is so good! I'm so excited that He is revealing Himself to you in such special ways - thanks for sharing your heart.

Prayers for sickies. :-)

P.S. You guys look SO GOOD in that last picture! SO GOOD!

Mrs said...

Ann, your post is a priceless treasure of the goodness of God. May many read it and put their trust in Him! Thank you so much for writing.

Prayers for your back and Monte's, as well as for Zach and Kaley. It's not fun to be sick, but even less fun to be sick when far from home.

The last photo is like an album cover! I'm surprised the camera didn't freeze with so much coolness!

Cheryl said...

Great entry! Thanks for posting. I wake up every morning eager to see what God is doing in Chihuahua. Love the pictures. I agree with Mrs. Welsh, it looks like an album cover. Beautiful colors! Amazing ambassadors of faith.

Mama Yates said...

That was beautiful Ann..You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you! We are praying for you and everyone else. The pictures are awesome! Kaley, I miss you and I am praying that you feel better..

Love you all very much,
Mama Yates

Unknown said...

I forgot to say what beautiful pictures the ones from the Brickyard are! Hannah and Ann, you ladies look gorgeous! Oh, and I recognize all those girls, though their names presently escape me!

Kate said...

Wow, Ann! It sounds like God is working and doing great things in your heart. How exciting! :D Your post was such an encouragement to me! Thank you for sharing all that God has been teaching you!

I will be praying for the injured and the sick. I'm so sorry you guys have to experience these things while you're there! I will also be praying for your impact on the people around you. I'm sure VBS will be awesome this week!

I love you guys!

p.s. It's nice to see that everyone still looks so good ; )