Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Today I made a new friend...

Hello everybody, this is El Chico!

Today I made a new friend! It's a horse. I was taking a walk and I decided to pet the horse. The missionary kid and I climbed the fence and pet the horse. Unfortunately it was short lived. The horse tried to munch me.
I'll get back to the important stuff. :)

We woke up at 6am, had some guy prayer time, and were excited to get to work. The day began with work that included block work, weeding, welding, cement mixing, and gravel sifting. I was fortunate enough to learn a new skill today. My buddy Josh taught me how to weld! That might come in handy later this week, cause we have a lot of welding to do. Yeah!

During the morning a couple missionary guys came out to the Ranch to learn how to build the water filters. Josh Bastian started showing them how. They washed all the sand and gravel they needed for one. They had to leave early so we will try and finish it up on Friday. We learned that there are actually a lot of missionaries and Mexicans that work with NTM that want to learn how to do this project for their tribal works. This is exciting because the reach of this project may go farther then beyond the brickyard to many areas!

We had some lunch and then even had time for an afternoon nap. While everyone else was napping that's when Michael, the missionary kid, and I went on our walk and found the horse.
I learned to focus my work not on doing it for the missionaries, or even for the team but for God.

Here are some things you can pray for:
-Keep praying for the success and now the reach of the water project.

-Pray for the health and wisdom of each team member.


-Pray for the VBS to go well at the brickyard, it starts on Thursday.

Praise God for this wonderful team and this opportunity to worship God with our lives here!



El Chico Always Wins!!










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

somtimes that's how horses say hi!
I am praying for you guys, have fun and work hard

say hi to everone for me
Amanda

Kate said...

You guys already had a chance to play soccer? How fun! Matt, watch out for Josh and welding sparks, make sure they don't fall in your eyes!

I'm glad to hear you all survived your first day of waking up early and working =) I've been waiting to read the blog all day! Looking forward to hearing more. =)

Love you guys!
Kate

Unknown said...

I, too, have been anxiously waiting for a report!
So incredibly WONDERFUL to see pictures of you all IN MEXICO!

Thanks, Matt!

Mrs said...

Ah. . . the first day of labor! So thankful for all of you; suiting up and showing up and aiding the missionaries. We thank God for all of you!

Eagerly reading every word!

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear things are going well - that's not a water pun!

Keep up the good work, we are praying for y'all.

Mom and Dad Yates

Matt said...

Thanks for the update Chico! It's cool to hear you guys had a guy prayer time. Take care y'all and keep up the good work!

Will love to hear more updates!

Megan Marie said...

El Chico never always lets other people win...is that how it goes, chico?! ;]
Well..I have been waiting all day to read this...thanks for the update, chico! :]
Ohh, well I'm glad you were able to make a new friend! :)
I loved the pictures:) its so exciting to see you all in mexico..:)
I am soo happy the water filter will probably go further then just the brickyard:) praise the Lord! :) How exciting!
I am praying for you guys..and also that as the week goes on..you will get your sleep so it wont be too hard to get up that early!
tell everyone hi..
love you guys:]

Mrs. H (Kim's mom!) said...

Oh man, I am missing you all and Mexico too! I love this blog. I too have been waiting for your posts to see what you are doing and how God is working.
Hannah, great picture. Give your mom an hug for me and don't forget to encourage her!
Josh...heard James on the phone yesterday and I am sure he said that he misses his daddy! Be sure to show Gayle and Monte a picture of MY grandson! Ok, your son too!! Love, Mrs. H