Monday, July 27, 2009

Giving up.... for the sake of Christ

Hello everyone!

So today we finally got back to work =) So much fun! Steven and I got the chance to do some mowing? Yeah, everyone else i guess just worked on the building, filling blocks with cement, welding, etc.

After working for the morning, I got a chance to take a small nap =) It helped considering i have to stay up later writing this, lol. Either way, it was really nice. Around one o'clock we left to go back to the brickyard! We helped out with VBS again. We had a great time playing with all the kids! I always enjoy going and just spending time with them, whether its just sitting with a kid on your lap, or singing songs you barely understand!

We got back around six-ish? We had an amazing super! Thank you Mrs. Rigel =)

I also got the chance to help Monte out with finding a drainage pipe! We have been having some trouble with the water draining, and the laundry room has been flooded a ton! But we finally found the right pipe and opened it up. I didn't get to help find the problem, but I'm sure it would have been fun :P

We also did a devo time, like every night! Which was really good, again.


As I think of the different things the Lord has been teaching me on this trip, a few things really stick out. First, how I really need to give up myself! To come to the point where I completely trust God. Its amazing how much the Lord has helped me in this, but at the same time, I have such a long way to go.

The second thing I have been thinking about, is just how the Lord can really use anything He wants to teach us something. Whether its good or bad, He can use anything to help us grow closer to God. Recently I have heard of some things happening back at home that are hard for some of my friends. It's so important that I trust God though. As I said, its hard, but its so important.

That's about all that's going on with me! Thanks for listening!

Davidc

Prayer requests:

-Trusting God!

-Sleep =)










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated David! We continue to enjoy how God is working on each of your hearts. Just keep trusting in Him. We all have a long way to go.

Did you say that Mrs. Rigel caused a flood? :)

Have a great day tomorrow working (at the Ranch) and playing (at the Brickyard).

Mr. Rigel

Mrs said...

Hi David! Thanks so much for writing! Even mowing is serving our Lord in Mexico. Thank you!

May He continue to bless your time there.

Unknown said...

Wonderful brickyard pictures!
Thanking God for naps - they are priceless!

Matt said...

Chachi! Thanks for the update. Hope you're having a great time and especially glad to hear how God has been working in your life!

The pics are good, especially the last one!

Take care and I hope you are able to get some more naps!