Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day Twelve!!!!!!! <3

Hello my friends!

It's day ten here in Mexico and we're all doing great! (minus all the people recovering and such, but they're doing pretty well too. heh)

Today it all started with an egg/potato/ham casserole. Yes that was the beginning.
Next we went out to see what helpful jobs we could do for Monty. Mine was digging a ditch around a pipe. It's being refitted for the new and improved drain system in the building we (the girlies) are staying in. That was, well, hard. But I will say that the mud we were digging in made thee best mud balls I have eva seen. :D Unfortunately, when not wet,the dirt was kinda like uh, rock. The benefits are that the job is closer to being done and we are more familiar with the earth out side our back door. ;)

While me, Cari, and Hannah were working on that, other jobs were in the works. Foundation preparation, welding, and odd jobs like re-chalking the lines on the soccer field, kept the rest of the team hopp'n.

After break I was able to help The magician in the kitchen prepare lunch and dinner for the day. A welcome break from the work in the sun.

After work we set off to our last day at the brick yard. This was a very busy day since it was the last day of VBS as well. All of us came and got to work. We played with the kids, preformed a skit and passed out food. Today was the day the gospel was presented. I don't know exactly when because I couldn't follow the Spanish very well, but I did see some earnestly listening faces on some of the mothers that were present. It was a difficult time for the team to say good bye to our new little friends. Tomorrow a few of us will be able to go back and drop off the long anticipated water filters. I was able to enjoy game time with a little girl named Lupe. We had a great game of making a certain sound effect at the same time. As I carried her we would walk from friend to friend mine and hers and show them our "song" .

As far as my personal encounter with God goes on this trip, I have been enjoying His creativity that surrounds me all day long. Mountains, people and the Mexican culture in general just shout how versatile God's handy work is and I am just loving the refreshing differences there are between this place and my home country.

It's very late friends so I'm going to bed.

with love from the team,
Kelly Irene
Please continue to pray for complete healing for all of our sick and injured team mates
and you can add Aleah to the list. (She scraped up her arm)
Also for safety on our last day of work tomorrow.

PS Glenna I love you and happy birthday!!! You're a doll. ;)

















4 comments:

Mrs said...

It was worth it for the Lord to wake me at 2 am in order to read this! So thankful to hear your sweet "voice" here, Kelly! I love you so much!

Can't wait to get the report on the water filters . . . and the Living Water! Prayers for all who heard the gospel at VBS today. May they come to know Him!

Unknown said...

My dear Kelly,
I had a feeling that you were going to post next! :D I can't tell you how big I smiled when you said you were enjoying God's creativity. That's so incredible!
Miss you and love you! I'm feeling for you guys with Brickyard goodbyes!

Anonymous said...

hey I just want to say that it was really late when I wrote this and I was a little out of it. I love you my family and I want to thank every one at Doctor D's for all the letters! You guys are great!

Kate said...

haha, the pictures make me happy =)

Day twelve and Kelly, yahoo! :D
I only have to survive for 3 more days without you all! =P

Do you all know if you will be making it to the Sierra Madres yet?

<3-Kate