Friday, June 6, 2008

Day Four in Mexico

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I didn't post this last night; I was just having too much fun laughing, chatting, praying, and singing with our girls. :)

The highlights of the day - for me, at least - were laundry, lunch, and the brickyard.

Yesterday was laundry day! Instead of helping with work around the ranch, Tali and I got to assist Kim and Mrs. H in the laundry duties. Let me tell you, Tali and I didn't mind trading heavy wheelbarrows, and large shovelfuls of dirt for baskets of clean laundry and buckets of clothespins! :D

For lunch, we feasted on good ol' mac n cheese and hot dogs! Mmmmm! I've been unable to come to a conclusive decision, but I believe this meal just might pass up our grilled cheese and tomato soup lunch.
We have been so blessed with the most delicious meals!

We also took our second trip to the brickyard yesterday. Some of the team helped build the foundation for an outhouse, and some of us played with kids again. Bet you can't guess what I did? ;) Yes, I got to see Jasmine again! I can't express how exhuberant my heart is being with this precious girl who has constantly pervaded my thoughts over the past year! When I went to play with her yesterday, she brought out a few photos. (For those of you who don't know, last year we printed out a handful of pictures of our experiences at the brickyard and left them with Jasmine's family.) Jasmine held out a tattered photo to me. As I looked closely, I saw that it was a picture taken of the two of us last year. She showed it to me with the biggest smile on her face! I couldn't hide mine either! I'm always reminded of her, because of all the trip pictures hanging in my room. It is so neat to know that she, too, has kept pictures of our team from last year. How cool that she remembers us - not only our faces, but our love. I'm so thrilled because today is Bible club at the brickyard! I can't wait to go back, and this time to sing songs and perform puppet shows.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Don't stop! ;) You guys are our support network, and your prayers mean more than anything!
Here are a few specific ways you can lift us before the Throne:
1. For renewed team unity, especially that we continue to pray together as a group and seek the Lord's wisdom in all situations
2. For Bible club today, that we would remember our cues and lyrics, and that it would be more than just a fun performance
3. For work today. Rumor has it we're back to cement work, so pray for special endurance. (By the way, my cememt burns are almost gone!)
4. For our team mascot, Churchill. He's growing fast! Pray that he will be big and strong enough to support himself by the time we leave.
5. ALSO, please pray that we get rain sometime while we are here! A rainstorm would be positively wonderful!

-Jess

Here are some pictures of our day....




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Jess, I've deduced that this unsigned post was written by you. Can't imagine how I knew! :-) I'm so excited that you have been able to spend time with Jasmine again. What a blessing for her to know that you cared enough about her and the people to return this year! Dad and I are praying like crazy for everyone. I bet some of those cement days can feel really long for all of you, so I share with you from Gal. 6:9-10: "And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith." Keep up the good work, everybody!

Love you,
Mrs. M.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mexico!
I'm so happy that everyone seems to be doing well! :)
Thanks for the post, Jessie! Your writing is always quite a treat! You are so beautifully expressive!
Oh, the pictures are marvelous! Telling by the pictures, it looks like you are all doing such a great job! Keep it up!
My prayers are with all of you! (including Winston)
-Tyler Adam Burgett
Matthew 5:16

Mrs said...

I realize that I remembered her name as Jasmine Savannah instead of Jasmine Susanna! Still, I'm so thrilled you're able to continue your relationship with her.

Thank you for the post and the prayer requests. I echo Mrs. M in praying you guys do not grow weary. I know it's hot out there and the work is hard. May God continue to bless your efforts!

Can't wait to hear how the Bible time went!

Love to all of you and one TNW.

Kaley Yates said...

I am so glad to hear that Jasmine remembered you! And hearing that she still has that picture is possibly one of THE cutest things I have ever heard. When I go next year, I want to find a little girl like that so I can have another little sister :] hehe.

I had a dream about the Mexico team last night, by the way. It was so funny and I can't wait to tell you It is too long to write it.

So anyways, you all are in my prayers 24/7. Especially a select few. I am so glad to hear that your burns are healing, that is always a relief. Burns are never fun.

I love you all! Time for me to clean my room. If you guys work, so do I! :]
Till next blog.
Kaley

p.s.- tell Kate that I am watching home videos while commenting and that when she gets back, we will have a HOME VIDEO DAYYYY :] thanks.

Anonymous said...

It is so fun not only to read about how the Lord is working through you, but to see the wonderful pictures. The picture of Brett with the little boy on his shoulders is precious! Praying for you guys constantly.
love, kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessie,

Thanks so much for the post!!! It's great to hear from ya'll and see some pics. It's definitely an answer to prayer that you got to see Jasmine!! Plus, that she remembered ya'll and still had the pic of you. Yes, the pic of you and her holding a pic of you and her is great!!! Also, the pic of Brett and the child is great!!
Take care and keeping ya'll in prayer!!!
-icardi