Friday, June 6, 2008

Day Five in Mexico

Dear Mom,

its been really great being out here in Mexico. I really have been missing you and all the things you do for me that I have had to do myself now. I hope that you don't miss me too badly... oh, well, I guess I should write to more than just my own mother. :)

It being day five, we are all really tired and could use your prayers to keep us energized. We poured half the cement for the porch/carport we have been working on; that was a crazy time of throwing buckets, moving rocks, and getting dirty. At 3pm we went to the brickyard for Bible club. We did our songs and puppet perfomances for the kids, and they seemed to enjoy singing along and laughing at us. Most of us spent time reading spanish books to the kids as well. Some of the team tried and failed, but that's ok because the kids got a kick out of it.
After the brickyard we went back to tthe ranch to pick up our favorite van driver, who proceeded to take us into town and find the local hubbub (the Mexican Chihuahua Mall). We had our first taste of local food, which was ultimately accepted by the group, even though it had some cactus involved. They were called gorditas. Although we were all pretty full, most of us went to get a little taste of home at McDonalds. (By the way, Jessie was wearing her seatbelt, which we thought you might like to know...that is, if your name is Mrs. M. :)

It's pretty late as I am writting this, so I am going to keep it short. We will put pictures up tomorrow.

Goodbye and goodnight.

-Tyler

P.S. Sorry if this doesn't make sense; we really are tired.
And I really do miss you Mom. Thanks for the letters.

6 comments:

Mrs said...

I feel like I've just received a hug from Mexico! Thanks, Ty! We miss you terribly, and it makes it harder to know I'll be gone when you get home.

Praying for all of you, and will pray for your energy. It must be like an athlete at spring training; you'll be exhausted, but then you'll start to get into condition. At least, I hope so! I bet none of you have trouble falling asleep at night.

Much love!

Anonymous said...

What a great post, Tyler! I love getting insight into you all's world down there. So glad to hear Bible club went well at the Brickyard. I would love to have been a fly on the wall listening to everyone reading Spanish books to the kids. :-)

Our prayers here at the M's house continue for all of you. One week to go!

Love,
Mrs. M.
P.S. Thanks, Tyler, for looking out for Jess! :-)

Anonymous said...

bubba!!!!!!! i Love you so much! feel free to come home! :) I miss you, Glenna

p.s. could you recognize my picture I drew for you? ;0)

Kaley Yates said...

Ty!! I loved how you started this blog and it is nice to hear from a boy this time. Haha. It is funny to hear that the kids laughed at you for not reading properly. I can assure you that I would be having trouble as well. Those kids sound wonderful. I am so glad you all are having a wonderful time. I will be praying for rest and energy.

Much love from my home.
Love, Kaley

p.s. - I am glad you are keeping Jessie safe. But what about the others? haha.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyler, Thanks for the post, man! It must have been interesting and probably cool to go to the mall in Chihuahua:). mmmmm...cactus...yummy...kind of spiky though:). Anyway, that's great you gto to spend all that time with the kids at the Brickyard!!! You guys are having such a great impact on them!!! Continuing to pray for ya'll!!!! Have more fun than a barrel of monkies down there!!!!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Tyler,
Thanks so much for writing! From your photos we can see that you really have been working hard - with no shade in sight! Even though I'm often in awe of the energy you expend drumming, I'm sure cement work uses different muscles;-) You are missed - all of you are - but I wouldn't want any of you to miss the amazing things you're experiencing there. We'll keep praying and you keep hugging your mom! You melt my heart.

Mrs. R.