Friday, July 23, 2010

Vamanos! =) Day 5

Hey all! Angie Kay here! (*blurb* Hi Megan! *blurb*) Hehe. Oh my goodness I have so much to talk about! I have been waiting forever to get my turn to write! OK so, First thing is first. Today we once again got up early, and after devos and breakfast, we got to work. =) We weeded for a while, which was allot of fun in the mud!(it rained all night) I was good and didn't throw mud though. Actually, around here, only 1/3 of it would be mud. Hehe. The rest would be rocks and bugs!

So we did that for an hour or so, and then got to work on the drywalling and painting. It was, again, really fun, but really hard. I had to go back and secure all the screws I screwed in yesterday 'cause they were all lamesauce and wrong. Hehe. Never said I was a tallented constructioneer. But on the other hand I learned how to measure with a tape measure. It doesn't sound so hard, but goodness, you get it open and you see all the numbers 'n stuff, and it is soooooo confusing. So we got the entire ceiling done *pause for cheering*. Shout out to Josh Harris for being the best ceiling drywall putter upper ever!!

So after we worked, we had another amazing lunch, (Mrs. Rigel is the bestest foodmaker ever.... except for you Mom! =) Hehe.), and we went to the brickyard. It was a blast!!! I hung out most of the time with little America and a couple other kids, but I also got to be part of a skit again( moment of sadness 'cause I didn't get to be an animal this time.) , and we did some really fun music! Today the craft was frizbee decoration, and that was great! The kids loved it, and afterwords we played with the kids in the rain. Best game time EVER!

So yah, we had lunch in the city, and btw, never try a cactus cortitas. It is like.... grossness. I didn't like it so much, I made a face! Seriously though. It is horrible. It has the consistency of overcooked greenbeans, and it is slimy, and the taste is... well I just wont get into that. Haha!

This trip has been soooo amazing so far. I have learned so much about God! Josh made some great devos for us, and I personally have LOVED them. You'd have to ask the others, but based on our discussions, they like it too. Today, we learned about being lights to the world 'n stuff like that. That was really cool to talk about with everyone else and see what they had to say. I had this verse in mind the entire time. Colossians 3:4. "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory."

I just love the idea of Christ being our lives! We have so much purpose now! The old life is dead and burried, and our new life IS CHRIST! I mean, how amazing is that! Every minute, everything we do now, is Christ, and with that comes the responsibility of knowing that everything we do is now a direct representation of Him. Anyway, that's just my personal take on it. =)

Anyway, as for tomorrow, we are going to a village in the mountains five hours away!!!!! I'm soooo excited! I am not sure if we have internet there, but it's gonna be a great experience. There will be an outhouse and everything! Talk about new experiences. =) Anyway, totally Psyched for that! We'll probably be back sometime around Monday or Tuesday, so if we don't write, expect to hear from us then!

Btw, Shoutout #2 for my sisters birthdays! Jillain and Nicole Holmgren! Eeek! It's so exciting! Bummer that I miss it, so you all make up for it for me Huh? =) And Nicole, expect an awesome present from Mexico!!!!!

OK, well that's about enough for now. =) Thanks for reading my huge post and please continue praying for us in these areas.


1: Josh's stiff neck, Kate and Ann's backs are hurting, and Ally's shoulder is also a bit painful.

2: Safety as always. =) Specially as we work in the mountains. HIGH in the mountains. =)

3:The team to work together and learn TONS about God!

4: Praise! Brett is doing TONS Better! Totally worked really hard and all that. Way to go God, and way to go Brett!

5:Pray for our ministry both to the Missionaries and to the Brickyard.

6: Pray for Josh and Mrs. Rigel. It can't be easy trying to keep this bunch under control. Hehe

Thanks for your prayers and God Bless!








6 comments:

Megan Marie said...

(*blurb* AHHHHH! ANGIE!!! *burb*) :b
ANGIE! i miss youuuu! I thought about you A LOT tonight at youth group. A LOT!!
I am so excited to hear what you are learning and how much you are loving everything there! :]
yeah..josh is good at drywalling.. he has had plenty of experience now! ;]
have fun in the mountains!! and enjoy the LONG van ride there:] cant wait to hear how it goes!
praying for you and I LOVE YOU ANGIE KAY! :)

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Thanks for the update Angie. It is good to hear that things are going well. We are glad Brett is feeling better. I agree with you that Mrs. Rigel is the "bestest foodmaker ever." Have a great time in the mountains!

Matthew Icardi said...

Thanks Angie! Sounds like things are going pretty great! Keep it up! The photos are great and bring a smile to my face!

Nick Parry! said...

That was an awesome comment! I'm glad you guys are having a lot of fun and that you're being spiritually touched by God because, well, that's one of the reasons you're going :D

Unknown said...

So glad you're soaking in all God has to teach you!
Have a fun time in the mountains!!

Anonymous said...

Hey You Gatos
Just got a chance to catch up on yawls trip. It does my heart good to see all of you working so hard and growing in faith. I'm glad Brett is doing better and I didn’t know Mrs. Rigel was 39 I would have guessed older but who’s counting right??? You are getting a chance to see a beautiful country and people and the work you are doing at the ranch is a huge help, I know Josh always brings a strong team and good game with the Circle kids.
I pray that all o f you stay well and safe and be sensitive to the spirit and where he leads you.

Miss you guy’s a lot.
Not a day over 40 Dawn

Himself